Achari Mutton- Easy and Simple
Long ago I posted Achari chicken and got great response from you guys. In the recipe of achari chicken I made from scratch. But in achari mutton I try to make it simple and handy to use Mango pickle/ amer achar(Amer Achar is a must have thing in bengali kitchen). Hope you will like achari mutton too. And I will give Achri Mutton from scratch in near future.
In the same way you can cook beef too. Just use less ginger and garlic.
• 1kg mutton(curry cut)
• 1 large onion sliced
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 1 tablespoon English mustard paste
• 6-7 cloves of garlic
• 5-6 dry chilli
• 1 bay leaf
• ½ cup of mango pickle/ amer achar(with oil)
• 3 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
1. Take the meat and marinate with all spices except dry chilli, sliced onion and mango pickle. Let it sits for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat the pan with oil and fry the onion till it becomes golden brown.
3. Add the meat and cook it till oil comes out.
4. Add 2 cups of water and salt and stir it.
5. Cook it under closed lid on slow heat.
6. When meat becomes tender; add dry and mango pickle. Stir it and cook 3-4 minutes.
7. Check the salt and remove Achari mutton from the stove.
8. Serve Achari Mutton with paratha, Roti, naan or plain rice.