Am Dal / Mango Lentil Soup
It is summer in Australia and mango season now. So want to some mango recipe and start with Am Dal / Mango Lentil Soup. This sour dish gives compliment to summer. Though there are many ways to cook lentil, I try to give the easiest way. Mustard seeds come very well with tangy dish.
• ¾ cup red lentil
• 1 green mango
• 1 small onion sliced
• 3-4 green chillies sliced
• 3 garlic clove sliced
• 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1/3 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 1 bay leaf
• ¾ tablespoon salt
• 2 tablespoon oil
1. Wash lentil and add 7 cup water, turmeric, chillies, bay leaf and garlic.
2. Cook it about 15 minutes on medium high heat.
3. Peel the mango and cut into pieces. Wash it.
4. Add mango and salt in lentil.
5. Cook it about 18-22 minutes or till mango and lentil become cooked thoroughly.
6. Take another pan and add oil and onion. Fry the onion till it becomes light brown.
7. Add onion in lentil. In same oil pan add mustard seeds and roast it till it starts crackle. Add roasted mustard seed into lentil.
8. Check the salt and remove Am Dal / Mango Lentil Soup from heat.
9. Enjoy Am Dal / Mango Lentil Soup with plain rice.
Tips: peel mango properly.