By Rownak Jahan,
March 19, 2012Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: Make: 8-10
• 3oo grams short crust pastry dough
• ½ cup mawa
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
• 1 and ½ cup sugar
• Oil for deep fry
How to make:
1. Heat the pan on medium and add sugar and ¾ cup of water. Cook it till sugar is dissolved and syrup comes into boiling point. Keep aside syrup.
2. Take dough and divide into 8-10 equal balls. Take each ball and use your finger to spread little.
3. Mix ¾ mawa and nutmeg powder and place spoonful of mawa mix on the spread dough.
4. Close the dough and make it flat. Press little bit in the middle.
5. Heat the oil on low heat and fry the stuffed flat bread till it becomes golden. Remove it from oil and soak it about 3-5 minutes into syrup.
6. Take out from syrup and roll it in mawa. Repeat the process with rest of balls.
7. Balushahi is ready to serve.
Tips: Balushahi dough will be crumble one. You can check in the picture.