Beef Biryani (Chittagonian Style)Jun 07
By Rownak Jahan,
June 7, 2012
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 80 minutes
When I have started my blog, I found that Chittagong has vast collections of many authentic Bangladeshi recipes . I love to share those authentic recipes with my readers. In this Chittagonian journey my first recipe is Beef Biryani which is famous in mejban.
Big thanks go to my lovely sister in law (Urmee) for this recipe. As you can see this dish with lots of spices. But interesting part is that my Aussie brought up daughter just loves this Biryani. She calls it spicy rice. Hope you will like this Biryani too.
• Beef 1 kg(curry cut)
• Onion paste 1 ½ cup
• Ginger paste ¼ cup
• Garlic paste ¼ Cup
• Turmeric powder1 tb. Spoon
• Red Chilli powder 3 tb. Spoon
• Cumin paste 3 table spoon
• Coriander powder 1 tb. spoon
• White pepper ¼ tea spoon
• Coconut cream/milk ¼ cup
• Peanut paste ¼ cup
• Greek style Yoghurt ½ cup
• Nutmeg ground 1 tea spoon
• Cloves, cardamom, cinnamon 3 each
• Bay leaf 1 piece
• Oil 1 Cup
• Salt to taste
• Sugar 1 Table spoon (At the end)(optional)
• Water 3 cups
• Rice 3 cups(Kalijeera or Basmati)
• Water 4 and ½ cup
• Green Chillies 4-6
• Kewra water 2-3 tb. Spoon
• Powder milk ¼ cup
• Clarified butter / Ghee ½ cup
• Salt to taste
1. Take all ingredients of meat including water in a cooking pot and mix them.
2. Boil them until the meat is cooked.
3. When it becomes dry, add sugar and keep aside.
4. Take water in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to the boil.
5. Add rice to the boiling water and when it is boiling point, add meat, green chilli, milk and kewra water.
6. Stir well to mix all ingredients together and cook it in a very low heat for 10-15 minutes under closed lid.
7. At the end add ½ cup ghee and check salt. Remove from heat.
8. Beef Biryani (Chittagonia style) is ready to serve.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!