Boal Doi Kosturi
Boal Doi Kosturi is such a wonderful dish with full of flavour and aroma. Hope you love this dish.
• 5-6 Boal fish steaks
• 1/3 cup onion sliced
• 1/3 cup onion paste
• 1/3 cup tomato chopped
• 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (tok doi)
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon ginger paste
• ½ teaspoon garlic paste
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 1 clove garlic chopped
• 3-4 green chillies
• 3-4 limes leaves(lebu pata)
• 3 tablespoons oil
• Salt to taste
1. Wash fish and pat dry it. Add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ turmeric with fish.
2. Fry fish about 2 minutes each side and take out fish pieces from oil.
3. In same oil add onion and chopped garlic and fry it lit till becomes soft.
4. Mix all paste and powder spices with yogurt and make smooth paste.
5. Add yogurt paste and ½ teaspoon salt with onion and sauté it till oil is separated.
6. Add chopped tomato and cook 3 minutes.
7. Add fish pieces and cook 2 minutes. Then add 1 cup water and cook under closed lid till oil comes out.
8. Check salt and add sugar, green chillies and lime leaves (lebu pata).
9. Cook 1-2 minutes and remove it from heat.
10. Enjoy Boal Doi Kosturi with steamy hot rice.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!