Cham cham the Authentic Bangladeshi DessertNov 10
Cham cham or Chum Chum is a traditional Bengali sweet which comes in various colours. It is normally coated with mawa. Cham cham is for those who really really love sweet ( specially for my dad who has the sweetest tooth I ever seen).
. 2 litres milk
. 3 tablespoons white vinegar/ lemon juice
. 1 tablespoon sugar
.1 tablespoon semolina
.1 tablespoon plain flour
.1 tablespoon self raising flour
.1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
. 4 cups sugar for syrup
. 4 tablespoon sugar of caramel
. 2 tablespoon dry mawa
. Deep large pan (28’’) with lid
Check out my chhana recipe.
1. Now need to squeeze the cheese to extract the water. Make sure the cheese has no excess water otherwise Cham cham will break into pieces.
2. The cheese needs to be kneaded 2 minutes. Then add sugar, semolina, plain flour, self raising flour and cardamom powder. Knead the cheese until your palm feels a little greasy. You can use food processor for kneading then it will be a lot easier.
3. Now divide the dough into 20 equal parts and make them into oval shaped ball.
4. Heat the pan with 7 cups water and add the sugar on medium high. Bring it to boil and add the balls to the syrup. Cover the pan with the lid.
5. Need to boil the ball 80 minutes but need add ½ cup of water in every 10 minutes.
6. Make caramel of sugar and add with syrup.
7. Cook 10 minutes more and turn off the heat. Add 1 cup of hot water in syrup and let it cool down.
8. Take out Cham cham from syrup and roll in mawa. Cham cham is ready to serve.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!