Chicken RezalaMar 06
Chicken rezala is not as Mutton rezala. Rezala is actually cooked with meat. As I told in my Rezala recipe, rezala is actually cooked with whole chillies (mostly fresh green chillies, though like to add dry chillies too). For green chillies it has unique fresh flavour. I used ghee/ clarified butter in this recipe for more flavour. If you want to make healthy, you can use oil.
• 1 chicken
• 1/3 cup Greek yogurt(tok doi)
• ½ cup onion paste
• 1” cinnamon stick
• 2-3 cardamoms
• 2 dry chillies (optional)
• 4-5 green chillies
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 teaspoons ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 1 tablespoon poppy seed paste or
Cashew nuts paste
• 2 teaspoon coriander powder
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• Salt to taste
• 3 tablespoon ghee/ clarified butter
How to make:
1. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and wash it. Pat dry it and marinate with ginger, garlic. 1 teaspoon salt and yogurt. Let it sits for at least 10 minutes.
2. Heat the pan with ghee and when oil is ready, add chicken pieces without juice. Keep aside juice.
3. Fry chicken till it changes the colour and become lite golden brown. Remove chicken pieces for ghee.
4. In same pan add dry chillies and bay leave, fry it for 30 seconds.
5. Add rest of spices except green chillies and sugar. Sauté it till oil is separated.
6. Add chicken and stir it. Add 2 cups of water and cook it under closed lid till chicken becomes tender.
7. Check the salt and add green chillies and sugar. Stir it and cook it 2 more minutes and remove chicken rezala from heat.
8. Serve Chicken Rezala with Polau.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!