Chotpoti is basically spicy peas and potato mix along with tamarind water. I try to keep it simple and health. If you want, you can use bit oil to fry the onion and cook potato and peas together.
• 1 and 1/2 cups dried peas
• 1 diced large boiled potato
• 6 boiled eggs
• 3 tablespoon chaat masala
• 1/2 finely sliced medium size onion
• 4 finely green chillies chopped
• ½ cup chopped cucumber
• Coriander leaves chopped
• ½ chopped turmeric
• 12 fuska shells(optional)
• 50 gram tamarind
• 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
• 4 roasted red chillies
• 1 tablespoons sugar
• Black salt (optional)
1. Soak dried peas overnight and wash well.
2. Boil peas with turmeric and 2 teaspoon salt till it becomes tender (I prefer to use pressure cooker to boil peas, less time consumes).
3. Soak tamarind half hour with one cup water. Crush the roasted chillies and add crushed chillies, salt, cumin powder and sugar in tamarind water.
4. Mash boiled potato and mix with boiled peas and chaat masala.
5. Take a serving bowl and serve pea and potato mix with 1 chopped egg, cucumber, chilli, onion, 2 fuska crushed and tamarind water.
6. Enjoy healthy homemade chotpoti.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!