When we are talking about Bangladeshi food first thing comes our mind is fish. Fish and Bangladesh are interrelated. Fish curry is becoming more popular nowadays worldwide because fish is healthier than meat. Here I use Ruhi fish but you can use your choice fish/any fish cutlet. Even you can omit peas too. Hope you will like.
• 8 pieces Ruhi fish/rui mach
• 1 sliced medium onion
• 2 tablespoon onion paste
• 2 teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• 3-4 green chillies (optional)
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
• ½ teaspoon fried cumin (optional)
• 4 tablespoons oil
• Salt to taste
• 1 cup frozen peas
1. Clean and wash the fish thoroughly.
2. Pat dry the fish and mix turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt with fish.
3. Heat the pan with 2 tablespoons on medium high and fry the fish pieces both side about 1 minute.
4. Remove fish from oil and keep aside.
5. Add rest of oil in same pan and add sliced onion and bay leaf.
6. Fry the onion till it becomes light brown and add chilli powder, coriander powder, onion paste and salt.
7. Cook it till oil comes out.
8. Add 1 cup water and when it comes to boiling point.
9. Add fish pieces and cook it about 10-15 minutes closed lid.
10. Add peas and after 2 minutes add sliced chillies, cumin powder and coriander leaves.
11. After 1 minute turn off the heat.
12. Serve Ruhi fish curry hot with rice.