Golap Pitha / Sweet Rose
By Rownak Jahan,
June 1, 2012Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 Golap Pitha
About 6 months ago somebody told me how interesting food blogging is. I was excited about my blog then. But now I know the meaning of interesting food blog. Hope my reader will find my blog same way.
It was boring day off for me. I tried to make interesting for me and my reader. You know that sometime I find our (Bangladeshi) food so beautiful that it is hard to eat. If you don’t believe me check my post.
• 1 cup plain flour
• ½ cup milk/ water
• 1 cup sugar
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon clarified butter/ ghee
• 1 cardamom
• 1/2″ cinnamon stick
• 1 teaspoon flour(for glue)
• Oil for deep fry
Also needs cookie cutter 3″-4″
1. Make syrup with sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and 2 cups water. Keep aside the syrup because we need lukewarm syrup.
2. Boil milk/ water with salt and when it comes boiling point, add flour. Turn of the heat and let it sit for 2-3 minutes under closed lid.
3. Make glue with 1 teaspoon flour and 1 teaspoon water.
4. Make smooth dough with boiled flour and clarified butter. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
5. Roll each ball into thin flat bread and cut with cookie cutter.
6. We need 3 to make 1 rose and check the picture to the step of it. Need to bend or spread petals to give the look of exact flower.
8. Heat the oil on medium heat and fry golap pitha till it becomes golden brown.
9. Take out fried golap pitha from oil and soak in syrup for 2-3 minutes. Take it out from syrup.
10. Serve beautiful golap pitha and enjoy the beauty of food.