By Rownak Jahan,
March 27, 2012Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serves
Haleem is basically spicy lentil soup. I found that soup mix is a handy thing to make it. Though I mix moog dal with soup mix in this recipe. Hope you will like home made the flavour of haleem.
• 1 and ½ cup soup mix
• ½ cup moong dal
• 500 gram beef or mutton(curry cut)
• 2 large onion sliced
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 2 green chillies sliced
• 2 tablespoons cucumber sliced
• 2 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
• ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• ½ lime
• 3 tablespoon oil
• ½ teaspoon black salt
• Salt to taste
1. Soak the soup mix and moong dal together at least 1 hour.
2. Boil it till it becomes tender. Let it cool down and blend it.
3. Fry the onion till it becomes golden brown. Take out ½ amount of fried onion from oil and keep aside.
4. In oil add all powder and paste spices except cumin.
5. When oil comes out add meat and cook till it becomes tender.
6. Add soup mix puree, salt and water. Bring it to boil and add cumin. Take off from stove.
7. Serve haleem hot with cucumber, fried onion, lemon, ginger and black salt.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!