Khasir Dalcha / Goat with Split Yellow Peas and long Melon
• 1 kg goat (curry cut)
• 1 and ½ cups split yellow peas
• ½ kg long melon(Lau)
• 1 cup sliced onion
• ½ cup tamarind puree
• 2 tablespoons ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin seed
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2″ cinnamon stick
• 4 – 5 dry chillies
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
1. Wash split yellow peas and soak it for at least 2 hours. Drain water and place it into a strainer.
2. Wash meat and place into a strainer.
3. Peel the long melon(Lau) and cut into pieces.
4. Heat the pan with oil (keep aside 1 tablespoon oil) and add onion. Fry onion till it becomes golden brown.
5. Add all paste and powder spices and cook it till oil is separated.
6. Add meat and ½ tablespoon salt; cook it till it gets dry. Add ¼ cup water and cook till it gets dry.
7. Repeat the process thrice (I mean add ¼ water three times and cook till it gets dry).
8. Add lentil and cook 2-3 minutes; add 6 cups of water and cook till meat becomes tender.
9. Add long melon (Lau) and cinnamon; cook till long melon (Lau) becomes tender.
10. Add tamarind puree and check the salt. Stir it and cook 2 more minutes.
11. Remove Khasir Dalcha / Goat with Split Yellow Peas and long Melon from heat.
12. Take a pan fry cumin and dry chilli with oil.
13. Serve the Khasir Dalcha / Goat with Split Yellow Peas and long Melon with broken roasted chillies and roasted cumin.