Khasir Dalcha / Goat with Split Yellow Peas and long MelonFeb 03
• 1 kg goat (curry cut)
• 1 and ½ cups split yellow peas
• ½ kg long melon(Lau)
• 1 cup sliced onion
• ½ cup tamarind puree
• 2 tablespoons ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin seed
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2″ cinnamon stick
• 4 – 5 dry chillies
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
1. Wash split yellow peas and soak it for at least 2 hours. Drain water and place it into a strainer.
2. Wash meat and place into a strainer.
3. Peel the long melon(Lau) and cut into pieces.
4. Heat the pan with oil (keep aside 1 tablespoon oil) and add onion. Fry onion till it becomes golden brown.
5. Add all paste and powder spices and cook it till oil is separated.
6. Add meat and ½ tablespoon salt; cook it till it gets dry. Add ¼ cup water and cook till it gets dry.
7. Repeat the process thrice (I mean add ¼ water three times and cook till it gets dry).
8. Add lentil and cook 2-3 minutes; add 6 cups of water and cook till meat becomes tender.
9. Add long melon (Lau) and cinnamon; cook till long melon (Lau) becomes tender.
10. Add tamarind puree and check the salt. Stir it and cook 2 more minutes.
11. Remove Khasir Dalcha / Goat with Split Yellow Peas and long Melon from heat.
12. Take a pan fry cumin and dry chilli with oil.
13. Serve the Khasir Dalcha / Goat with Split Yellow Peas and long Melon with broken roasted chillies and roasted cumin.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!