Chingri Kochur Loti / Colocasia stem with Prawn
Sometimes I feel that I am using too much ingredients. But I think that most of my ingredients are frozen and frozen goods need little extra spice. Today my main ingredients kochur loti / colocasia stem. No , I don’t get fresh one here. So I will work with frozen kochur loti / colocasia stem.
• 400 gram kochir loti / colocasia stem
• 120 gram peel prawn
• ½ medium onion sliced
• 4-6 green chillies
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 3 clove garlic chopped
• 1 teaspoon hot English mustard paste
• 1 tablespoon coconut cream
• 3 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Put frozen packet of kochir loti / colocasia stem in drainer and place under running water. When it defrosts, keep aside.
2. Heat pan with oil and fry the onion till it becomes transparent.
3. Add turmeric, garlic, coconut, mustard and salt and saute it till oil is separated.
4. Add prawn and cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Add kochur loti / colocasia stem and ½ water.
6. Cook it till kochur loti / colocasia stem becomes tender.
7. Serve Chingri kochur loti / colocasia stem with prawn with rice.