Kolija Bhaja / Fried Liver
Kolija Bhaja / Fried Liver is a very simple but very tasty dish. I had this in a wedding and just love the dish. I cut the liver into thin pieces but you can cut liver into your desire size. Instead of green chillies you can use dry chilli flake but I like the flavour green chilli more. Please don’t overcook liver, overcook makes liver chewy. Hope you will try this simple recipe to enjoy the flavour.
• ½ kg liver(beef/goat)
• ½ cup sliced onion
• 5-6 green chillies chopped
• 2 tablespoon onion paste
• 1 and ½ teaspoons ginger paste
• 1 and ½ teaspoons garlic paste
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
• ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
• 2 tablespoons lime/lemon juice
• Salt to taste
• 4 tablespoon oil
1. Cut the liver in your desire size and wash it. Put into a strainer.
2. Heat the pan with oil and add onion. Fry onion till it becomes soft.
3. Add the liver, salt and rest of spices (except lime juice, chillies, coriander leaves, cumin).
4. Stir it and cook it till liver becomes tender.
5. Add chillies, coriander leaves and cumin and stir it.
6. After 1 minute check salt and add lemon juice and remove from heat.
7. Serve Kolija Bhaja / Fried Liver with paratha, rice bread or even plain rice, polau.