Kolijar Singara / Liver Samosa
Eidul Adha is knocking at the door. So I am posting another mouth watering snack. Kolijar Singara / Liver Samosa is made with beef liver (which is very rich in Iron), instead of beef liver you can use lamb or chicken liver or diced red meat as per your taste. I like to add green peas or carrots for extra flavour and nutrition.
• 1 cup of plain flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons oil
• ¼ teaspoon nigella/kali jeera (optional)
• 1 and ½ cups diced liver
• 1 and ½ cups potatoes (peeled and diced)
• ½ cup green peas (optional)
• ½ cup onion sliced
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 3-5 green chillies chopped
• ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• Salt to taste
• 2 tablespoons oil
• Oil for deep frying
Also needs flour to roll; black salt and sliced for serve.
1. To make the dough, mix salt and water together and dissolve the salt. Then mix flour, oil and the salty water together and make smooth but a little bit hard dough. Cover the dough with cling wrap and let it set. The dough needs to sit for at least 20 minutes.
2. Heat the frying pan and pour the oil in the pan. Add onion, when the onion is transparent; add all spices (except green chillies and cumin) and salt to taste. Stir them until oil is separated and add diced liver. Cook 2-3 minutes and stir occasionally.
3. Add diced potato, give a stir and cook till it potato is tender. Add peas and green chillies, stir and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add cumin powder and remove from heat and let it cools down.
5. Take the dough and knead it for 1-2 minutes and divide into 6 equal balls.
6. Roll each dough into an oval shape (6.5″ long and 5″ wide) and cut each oval in half.
7. Take half of oval and make a cone and seal the edges with water.
8. Fill the cone with the potato stuffing and seal the edge with water again. It will look like a triangle shape(check the video for fold) . Repeat the process, you will have 12 singaras altogether.
9. Heat the frying pan with the oil for deep fry on low medium. When oil is ready, place the singaras in the pan few at a time. Don’t make the pan crowded. Keep space in the pan for the singaras to float around.
10. Fry them until crispy and brown. Serve Kolijar Singara / Liver Samosa hot with black salt and sliced onion. Enjoy.
1. Resting the dough is very important.
2. Add peas in the end to keep colour.
3. Seal the edge carefully.
4. Fry on low medium heat.