Misti Nimki / Sweet and Salty Cracker
Misti Nimki / Sweet and Salty Cracker is Nimki / salty cracker soaked in syrup. It is not as popular as Nimki/ salty cracker. Usually nimki has eaten along with Sweet. Misti nimki is actually completed by itself. Hope you will like this recipe.
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 tablespoons semolina(suji)
• 2 tablespoons ghee/ oil
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black cumin(kalijeera)
• 4 tablespoon lukewarm water(more or less)
• Oil for deep fry
• 1 cup sugar
1. Make syrup with sugar and ½ cup water. Keep syrup aside (we need lukewarm syrup).
2. Sift flour in a bowl and add semolina, black cumin and ghee. Mix and crumble it up.
3. Mix water and salt together and add with flour to make into tight dough. Knead well.
4. Make 12-16 small balls. Using a rolling pin, flatten the balls to a very thin flat bread about 6” wide.
5. Fold into half 2 times consecutively giving it the shape of a quadrant.
6. Heat oil in pan and nimki.
7. Add the prepared nimki/cracker to oil and fry on low heat.
8. Fry nimki/cracker till it becomes golden brown.
9. Take out nimki from and soak in syrup for minute. Remove Misti Nimki from syrup.
10. Serve Misti Nimki / Sweet and Salty Cracker in room temperature.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!