Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken PilafJan 07
Though I posted Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken Pilaf recipe before, I wanted to do it again. In restaurants of Bangladesh Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken Pilaf has its different style. They don’t mix the gravy with rice. They just top up chicken / morog on rice. Don’t get shocked to see the list of ingredients. Most of ingredients are available in Bangladeshi kitchen. Hope you will make it and enjoy it. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO All my readers.
• 1 chicken (size 8 preferable)
• ½ cup yogurt
• 2 cups milk
• 2 cups sliced onion
• ½ cup onion paste
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• ½ teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
• ½ teaspoon white pepper powder
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
• ¼ teaspoon mace powder
• 2″ cinnamon stick
• 2 tablespoon sultana
• 4 cloves
• 5-6 green chillies
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 5-6 cashew nuts(optional)
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup oil
• ½ cup clarified butter / ghee
• 2 and ½ cups rice
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1 bay leaf
• 3-4 green chillies
• 2 cardamom pods
• 1″ cinnamon stick
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Salt to taste
• 1/3 cup calcified butter
1. Cut the chicken like the picture. Cut each chicken into 4 pieces and cut 1-2 slits on each piece.
2. Clean and wash well. Pat dry it and mix lemon juice and1/2 tablespoon salt. Keep it aside at least for ½ hour.
3. Wash the rice and place in a strainer.
4. Heat the pan with oil and butter on medium and fry the onion till it becomes golden brown. Remove the fried onion from oil.
5. In the same oil fry the chicken pieces and fry till it changes the colour and become light brown. Remove chicken pieces from oil.
6. In the same pan add 2/3 of fried onion. ½ tablespoon salt and all the spices (except green chillies, sugar, sultana and cashew nuts) and cook it till oil comes out.
7. Add chicken and yogurt. Mix well and cook it about 5 minutes.
8. Add milk and cook it under closed lid till chicken becomes tender.
9. Check the salt and add green chillies, sugar, sultana and cashew nuts and gravy becomes thick. To make gravy thick cook 5-8 minutes without lid.
10. Fry the rice with all spices except green chillies, salt and sugar for 6 minutes.
11. Add green chillies, salt, sugar, milk and water rice. Cook rice 10 minutes on high heat and l0 minute on low heat.
12. Take a serving bowl and serve rice, chicken and fried onion (don’t mix it). Enjoy hot Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken Pilaf.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!