Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken PilafApr 19
By Rownak Jahan,
April 10, 2012
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: Murg Polau for 6 People
For this recipe one of my readers ( Jhara) push me a lot. Thanks Jhara for you my family is having the best Murg Polau I ever cooked.
Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken Pilaf is a very rich flavourful full dish where chicken and rice is cooked spices, yogurt and clarified butter (ghee). Nowadays to make it little less rich use oil and ghee together. It is a delicious dish, hope that you guys will make for your loved one.
Dear all my readers, you guys will be excited to hear that I have more than 10 thousands readers. B But I have only 94 likes in my face book page (http://www.facebook.com/banglarecipes). Please please If you like my recipes just go to my page (http://www.facebook.com/banglarecipes) and like my page.
• 1 chicken (size 8-10)
• 2 cups rice(basmati or kalijeeri)
• 1 large onion sliced
• ¼ cup Greek yogurt
• 1 cup thicken cream
• ½ cup onion paste
• 1 tablespoon poppy seed paste
Or 5-6 cashew nut paste
• 2 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 2 teaspoon lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon mace
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 5-6 green chillies
• 5-6 cloves
• 3 cardamom pods
• 2” cinnamon stick
• 2 bay leaves
• ½ cup oil
• 3 tablespoon clarified butter(ghee)
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• Salt to taste
1. Cut the chicken like the picture. Cut each chicken into 4 pieces and cut 1-2 slits on each piece.
2. Clean and wash well. Pat dry it and mix lemon juice and1 teaspoon salt. Keep it aside for ½ hour.
3. Wash the rice and place in a strainer.
4. Take 3 cups of water in sauce pan and add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, mace and ½ tablespoon salt. Boil about 5 minutes and keep aside.
5. Heat the pan on medium heat and fry the onion till it becomes golden brown. Remove the fried onion from oil.
6. In the same oil fry the chicken till it becomes light brown. Remove chicken pieces from oil.
7. In the same pan add onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, nut meg powder and coriander and cook it till oil comes out.
8. Add yogurt, cream, green chillies, sugar, chicken and ½ cup spicy water. Cook it till chicken becomes tender. Check the salt and remove the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoon gravy.
9. Add rice with rest of gravy, clarified butter and spicy water. Cook rice 10 minutes on high heat and l0 minute on low heat.
10. Take a serving bowl and serve rice, chicken and fried onion.
11. Enjoy hot Murg Polau / Morog Polau / Chicken Pilaf with salt and lime.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!