Hi! I haven’t posted exotic recipe for long. Eid ul Adha is coming soon so this is best time to learn meat recipes. As you know that Eid ul Adha is Eid of meat.
Nargisi Kofta is a Moughlai dish. I tried to keep its exoticness. If you want to, you can make gravy with coconut milk. Traditionally in Bangladesh nargisi kofta’s gravy is made by coconut milk. In that case instead of yogurt use coconut milk and use oil. Hope you like my effort and please please don’t forget to like my facebook page and join the facebook group to keep in touch with me..
• 400 grams mince(beef/ mutton / chicken)
• 5 eggs
• 1 cup sliced onion
• 3 dry chillies
• 2 cardamoms
• 1” cinnamon stick
• 4 cloves
• 5-6 black pepper corn
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 2 teaspoons white poppy seeds
• ½ tablespoon garlic
• ½ tablespoon ginger
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• Oil for deep fry
• 1 cup sliced onion
• 4 tablespoon yogurt
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
• 1 teaspooon sugar
• Salt to taste
• 3 tablespoon ghee / oil
1. Boil 4 eggs till it hardboiled and peel the skin and keep aside.
2. Fry the sliced onion for gravy and kofta till it becomes golden brown. Remove fried onion from oil and keep aside.
3. Roast all dry spices (poppy seeds, clove, dry chilli, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cumin) and remove from heat. Let it cools down. Put in it grinder and coarsely grind it.
4. Take half fried onion, ginger, garlin, dry spices, salt and mince in a food processor and mix well.
5. Add the egg with mince and divide the mince into 4.
6. Take one egg and a portion of mince. Wrap the mince around the egg and smooth with your hands to form an even “casing” around the egg till it is fully covered. Repeat for all the remaining hardboiled eggs. Place all in a plate.
7. Heat the oil for deep fry and fry the koftas till it becomes golden brown. I like to fry one kofta at a time. It is easy to handle it you are fry one at time.
8. Take yogurt, fried onion and ½ cup water in a blender and make a paste.
9. Take ghee/ oil in a pan and add onion paste. Cook it for 3 minute or till oil is separated.
10. Add rest of spices in the gravy and cook 3 minutes.
11. Add ¼ cup water and sugar and stir it.
12. Cut the kofta in half horizontally and add in gravy and cook it 3 more minute under closed lid.
13. Serve Nargisi Kofta with Polau rice and enjoy the flavour of Moughol dish.