Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit (Bangladeshi Style)Nov 29
To me if you don’t like chanachur or Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit (both need to be from bakery not from packet), you are not Bangladeshi. Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit is the salted form of shortbread(interesting). In Bangladesh it is made with hydrogenated vegetable oil(Dalda) rather than butter or ghee.
• 1 and ½ cups plain flour
• ½ cup cornflour
• 200 grams butter
• 3 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 and ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon cardamom powder(optional)
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon nigella(kali jeera)
1. Add butter and sugar in a food processor and mix it till butter starts fading.
2. Add salt and cardamom powder: mix again.
3. Shift baking powder, plain flour and cornflour together.
4. Add shifted flour in food processor little by little and mix it.
5. After mixing flour it will become very soft dough. Take out the dough from food processor and add nigella. Mix it with your hand.
6. Take cling wrap and wrap the dough. Let it set for at least half hour in refrigerator.
7. Preheat the oven on 200˚c(fan forced on 180˚c).
8. Roll in the dough and make your desired shape.
9. Bake it for about 17-18 minutes or until it becomes light brown in colour.
10. Take out from oven and it cool down.
11. Enjoy Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit along with tea.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!