By Rownak Jahan,
February 20 2012
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Pakon pitha I use coconut cream but normally use fresh coconut milk from fresh coconut paste. hope it will make easier for you guys.
- ½ kg plain flour
- ½ kg sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 gram coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter/ ghee
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep fry
How to make:
- Boil plain flour in coconut cream and salt.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Make sugar syrup to use 1.25 liter water and let it keep aside. Because we need lukewarm water.
- Mix egg and clarified butter/ ghee with the dough and knead well.(if the dough still does not soft enough, use little warm water and need well)
- Make your desirable shape. You can use dice to make shape. It will make 35-40.
- Heat oil when oil is ready, fry the pitha till it becomes golden brown.
- Soak straight into syrup and soak it over night in refrigerator.
- Serve Pakon chilled.