Pineapple Hilsa / Anarosh Ilish
Pineapple Hilsa / Anarosh Ilish is a sweet sour dish. If your pineapple is sour, add bit sugar. I fry the fish before, as you know it is hard to get fresh Hilsa in abroad. I f you have fresh fish, you can skip this.
• 5 Hilsa cutlets(Ilish)
• 1 small onion sliced
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2 tablespoons onion paste
• 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 1 cup pineapple paste
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder(optional)
• 3-4 green chillies
• 1bay leaf
• 3 tablespoons oil
• Salt to taste
1. Mix the fish pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and turmeric powder.
2. Heat a pan with oil and fry the fish pieces for 1-2minutes to just seal it. Set aside the fried fish pieces.
3. Now in the same pan add onion and bay leaf; fry it till onion becomes transparent. Add pineapple pastes and red chilli powder and salt and cook it 3-4 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup of water and let it comes to boiling point.
5. Add fish pieces and green chillies. Cook it about 7-8 minutes under closed lid or till the water dries up and you get your desire gravy thickness.
6. Check the salt and add roasted cumin powder. Remove pan from heat.
7. Serve Pineapple Hilsa / Anarosh Ilish with plain hot rice. motive