Pomfret Fry / Rupchanda Bhaja / Butter Bream Fry
• 6 pomfret fish/ butter bream
• 1 large sliced onion
• 1 and ½ onion paste
• ½ teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 green chilli(optional)
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
• ½ teaspoon fried cumin powder
• 4 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
1. Clean the fishes and cut 1-2 slits on each side of fish. Add ¼ turmeric powder and ½ teaspoon salt with fish and coat it properly.
2. Heat the pan with 3 tablespoon oil on medium high and fry the fishes about 2 minutes each side or till fish is cooked.
3. Remove the fish from the oil and put on your serving bowl.
4. In same pan add rest of oil and fry onion till it become light golden brown.
5. Add bay leaf, onion paste, chilli powder, turmeric, green chilli and salt.
6. Cook it with ¼ cup water till oil comes out and stir occasionally.
7. Add coriander leaves and cumin powder and stir it.
8. Turn off the heat and pour it over fish.
9. Serve pomfret fry / rupchanda bhaja / Butter Bream fry with hot rice.