Pumpkin Mash / Kumra Bhorta
Shuvo noboborsho( happy Bengali new year) to all my wonderful readers. Sorry being irregular post. But I am actually trying to work Bangladeshi spices. Hope you will find those interesting and helpful. When I post any recipe, I love to have your comments, suggestions and expert opinion about it. Your comments will be helpful to other readers.
In Pumpkin Mash / Kumra Bhorta I used prawn. If you want to use more or less prawns or without prawn. But you know that prawn makes food tastier.
• 500 grams peeled pumpkin
• 100 grams peeled prawns
• 4-6 green chillies
• 1 large onion sliced
• 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (chopped)
• 3 tablespoon oil
• 1 tablespoon mustard oil(optional)
• Salt to taste
1. Boil the pumpkin. I love to use microwave for this.
2. Heat the pan with oil and fry the onion till it becomes light brown.
3. Add prawn and chillies and fry it about 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let it cools dawn.
5. Put the prawn onion mix in a food processor and make smooth paste.
6. Add boiled pumpkin and make smooth paste.
7. In the same pan pour the paste and mustard oil and cook it about 3-4 minutes.
8. Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat.
9. Serve Pumpkin Mash / Kumra Bhorta with hot plain rice.