Puti Macher Chorchori / Spicy Small Fish / পুঁটি মাছের চড়চড়ি
It is a very simple and easy traditional recipe. You can use any kind of small fish (choto mach) for this recipe. I used mustard paste in this recipe. If you are living overseas, you can use hot English mustard paste to make handy. Puti mach is in English Puntio Barb.
• 300 gm Punti fish (cut and cleaned)
• 1 Onion finely sliced
• 1 tablespoon mustard paste
• 1 teaspoon chopped Garlic
• 2-4 Green chillies sliced
• 1 teaspoon roasted Cumin Powder(optional)
• 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
• ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
• 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves chopped
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tables oil Mustard Oil or vegetable oil
• Salt to taste
1. Take the pan in which you will and add fish and all the ingredients except cumin powder and coriander leaves. Mix well and add ½ cup water.
2. Now turn on the heat and cook it under closed lid on medium heat.
3. When water dries up, add cumin powder and coriander leaves and check salt.
4. Serve Puti Macher Chorchori / Spicy Small Fish /পুঁটি মাছের চড়চড়ি with plain hot rice.