Quail meat is rich in micro-nutrients and a wide range of vitamins including B complex, folate and vitamin E and K with extremely low skin fat and low cholesterol value. It is therefore highly recommended for people with high cholesterol levels and those who want to maintain a low level of cholesterol.
I love to cook Quail with little amount of oil and spices and keep simple. Please don’t make it heavy which will hide its taste. Thanks.
• 4 quails(600 grams)
• 1 medium onion sliced
• 2 tablespoons onion paste
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 1 cardamom pod
• 1” cinnamon stick
• ½ bay leaf
• Salt to taste
• 4 small potatoes
• 2 tablespoon oil
How to make:
1. Cut each quail into 4 pieces, clean and wash it. Put it in a strain and keep aside.
2. Peel potatoes, cut into your desire size and wash it.
3. Heat the pan with oil on medium heat and add sliced onion, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Saute it till onion becomes soft and add turmeric, chilli, coriander, ginger, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and onion paste.
4. Cook it till oil comes out, add quail pieces and cook it about 10 minutes and stir occionally.
5. Add potato pieces, stir it and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add 4 cups warm water and stir it.
7. Cook it under close lid till potato becomes tender. Check the salt and turn off the heat.
8. Serve Quail Curry hot with rice.