Famous Rosogolla from Bangladesh
When any Bengali talks about sweet, nothing can beat Rosogolla (My most favourite dessert). In every Bangladeshi occasion this is a must have dessert. For new cooks like me my suggestion don’t stop to make Rosogolla until you reach the perfection.
Rosogolla is a Bengali dessert which is soft sweet cheese ball.
. 2 litres milk
. 3 tablespoons white vinegar/ lemon juice
. 1 tablespoon sugar
.1 tablespoon semolina
.1 tablespoon plain flour
.1 tablespoon self raising flour
.1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
. 4 cups sugar for syrup
. Deep large pan (28’’) with lid
How to make:
For cheese check out my Chhana recipe
1. Now need to squeeze the cheese to extract the water. Make sure the cheese has no excess water otherwise rosogolla will break into pieces.
2. The cheese needs to be kneaded 2 minutes. Then add sugar, semolina, plain flour, self raising flour and cardamom powder. Knead the cheese until your palm feels a little greasy. You can use food processor for kneading then it will be a lot easier.
3. Now divide the dough into 30 equal parts and make them into smooth balls.
4. Heat the pan with 7 cups water and add the sugar on medium high. Bring it to boil and add the curd balls to the syrup. Cover the pan with the lid.
5. Need to boil the curd ball 45 minutes but need add ½ cup of water in every 10 minutes.
6. Serve chilled.
Make sure that the pan is large enough to accommodate the puffed rosogollas. Normally it doubles in size after cooking.