Seekh kabab / Beef shashlik / Seekh kebab – In Oven
By Rownak Jahan,
January 19, 2012
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Seekh kabab / Beef shashlik / Seekh kebab is such a simple recipe. The main trick of melt in mouth kabab is how to marinate and how long marinate you are marinating it. After using right marination, if you don’t marinate for enough time , you will not get soft kabab. Don’t marinate less than 3 hours and more than 2 days. thanks for all the likes hope you will make it.
• 500 grams diced beef/ mutton
• 1 tablespoon vinegar
• 1 tablespoon green papaw/ papaya paste / meat tenderizer
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1/6 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1/6 teaspoon cardamom powder
• 1/6 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon chick pea flour/besan(optional)
• 1 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
• 4-5 bamboo/metal skewers
1. Mix all ingredients except oil and let it marinated for 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Mix oil and skewer those.
3. You can pan fry it, put BBQ OR Preheat the oven 220˚c and when the oven is ready, place the skewer on aluminium foil and cook it about 35-40 minutes. Last 5 minutes grill it and brush the marinated juice from meat over skewers.
4. Take out seekh kabab/ beef shashli /seekh kebab from oven and let it cool down for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve seekh kabab/ beef shashli /seekh kebab with fresh green salad.
1.If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in water about 30 minutes.
2. Make paste of green papaya with skin.
2. I used besan in this recipe which is optional, but it gives stickiness. Try it please.
3. If you are using pan, just brush with bit oil.