Sorishar tel-e khasir kalia / Mutton curry with mustard oil
Sorishar tel-e khasir kalia / Mutton curry with mustard oil is my Goalondo Chicken curry inspired Mutton curry. I have nt used any Garam masala here to keep flavour of mustard oil. Mustard oil was used to use vastly as cooking oil about 30 year. Nowadays it is not that popular for its higher price till there are same dishes where mustard oil is a essential ingredient. Enjoy.
- 1 kg mutton
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 and ½ tablespoons ginger paste
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 8-10 green chillies sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 cup mustard oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash mutton and place in a strain to get rid of water.
- Mix mutton in cooking pan with garlic, ginger, onion, chilli powder and turmeric; keep it aside at least for half hour.
- Add oil, bay leaf and ½ teaspoon salt; cook over medium heat till oil is separated and all water dries out.
- Add green chillies and 2 cups (or as per your taste more or less) and cook it under closed lid till mutton is tender. Check the salt and remove from heat.
- Serve Sorishar tel-e khasir kalia / Mutton curry with mustard oil with fresh hot rice.
- Ginger, garlic, green chillies need to be fresh.
- If you don’t have mustard oil, use vegetable oil and ½ teaspoon mustard paste(though mustard oil gives it unique taste)