Trirotno Halua / Tri Coloured Halwa
Trirotno Halua / Tri Coloured Halwa actually three types of halwa(fudge) layered together. You can just make coconut halwa/ narikeler halua or papaw halwa/ peper halua or carrot halwa/ gajorer halua by itself. I just want to add some colour to my table with not compromising the flavour. This is actually my mother signature dish, she uses kheer where I am using condensed milk to make it simple and easy(though you can make kheer of 1 litre milk and use here). There is lots of sugar in condensed milk so I haven’t used any extra sugar. If you want more sweet you can use sugar to your taste. Instead of condensed milk you can you kheer and sugar. For using same pan I maintain the serial of white, orange and green. Enjoy.
N.B. You can make tri coloured halwa(fudge) is several ways. You can just make semolina (suji) halwa, divide three and colour it. Or you can make Bambay halwa like this.
- 2 cups coconut paste
- 2 cups carrot (boiled)
- 2 cups green papaw (boiled)
- 5 tablespoon ghee
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 and ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Green food colour
How to make:
- Great or mash boiled carrot and boiled papaw separately; keep them aside.
- For white (coconut) part: Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan and add coconut paste; saute for 5 minutes. Add condensed milk and keep on stirring. Once the milk is dried up, add cardamom powder and mix well till it starts leaving the pan. When it is done, remove and arrange in the plate for first layer i.e. white.
- For orange (carrot) part: Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a same pan and add carrot; saute for 5 minutes. Add condensed milk and keep on stirring. Once the milk is dried up, add cardamom powder and mix well till it starts leaving the pan. When it is done, remove and arrange in the plate for second layer i.e. orange.
- For green (papaw) part: repeat process like carrot. Just add 2 drops green food colour with cardamom powder and arrange in the plate third layer i.e. green.
- Leave it cool or hour and cut into desired pieces and Serve Trirotno Halua / Tri Coloured Halwa.