Vegetable Kofta / Sobji Kofta
Try something different in this Eid. Enjoy.
• 2/3 cup cabbage
• 2/3 cup Cauliflower
• 1/3 cup carrots
• 1/3 boiled Potato
• 2-3 green chillies chopped
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ¼ cup Chickpea Flour (besan)
• ¼ Cornflour
• 2 tbs chopped onion
• ½ ts Salt
• Oil for deep frying
• ½ cup onion paste
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 ts Chilli powder
• ¼ ts turmeric powder
• 1 ts ginger paste
• 1/3 cup oil
• 2 chillies sliced
• 1 ts sugar
1. Wash vegetables well, pat dry completely and grate in a grater or food processor.
2. Squeeze grate vegetables, remove the excess water and keep the juice (we will use juice for gravy).
3. Mix the rest of ingredients with the grated vegetables and roll into small balls.
4. Heat pan with oil for deep fry and fry kofta a small batch till it becomes golden brown.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves, ginger, chilli powder, turmeric and green chillies and cook till oil is separated.
6. Add 2 tablespoons water and cook again till oil is separated.
7. Add the juice and bring it to boil.
8. Add salt, sugar and cook till you get your desire gravy consistency.
9. Remove from heat and add the fried kofta 10 minutes before serving.
10. Enjoy Vegetable Kofta / Sobji Kofta with rice or polau.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!