Vegetable PolauAug 17
• 4 cups rice
• 5 cups diced vegetables(carrot, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, capsicum)
• 1 and ½ cups onion paste
• 2 tablespoon ginger paste
• 2 bay leaf
• 4-5 cardamom
• 2 ‘’ cinnamon sticks
• 5-6 black pepper
• 5-6 green chillies sliced
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• ½ teaspoon tasting salt(optional)
• Salt to taste
• 1/3 cup oil
• 3 tablespoon ghee/ clarified butter
1. Wash the rice and strain it.
2. Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan (if possible non stick one) and add 6 cups water, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper and 1 tablespoon salt.
3. Bring it to boiling point and add onion paste, ginger paste, sugar and oil.
4. Boil it and add rice and cook it 8 minutes high temperature under closed lid.
5. Add vegetables and chillies and cook 3 minutes on high.
6. Add tasting salt and ghee and cook it on low heat about 15-20 minutes under closed lid.
7. Serve vegetable polau with your favourite curry.
Hi This is Rownak, Great to have you here on my blog. Hope you are liking my recipes so far. Please consider liking our Facebook Page . I am putting lot of my time and effort on my Facebook page, and oh! of course I am on Twitter too!