Achari curry is made with all the spices of pickle or achar/pickle. Achari chicken is a delicious dish which goes very well with roti, parathas or naan. Some of us like achari chicken with lots of spice and stuffed chilli. But personally I like this way. Some of us can easy to easy to add oil from achar (Pickle). If you want more spice, use these spices (mustard, fennel, nigella, and fenugreek) 1 and half times more. If you want little bit sour, use lemon juice.
• 1 curry cut chicken(10 size)
• 1 large sliced onion
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 2 teaspoon mustard paste
• ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
• ½ teaspoon nigella seeds
• ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
• ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
• ½ cup Greek yogurt
• 4-6 green chillies
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
1. First roast all seeds (cumin, fennel, nigella and fenugreek) separately about 30-45 seconds and grind it coarsely.
2. Heat pan with oil and add onion till onion becomes soft.
3. Add chicken and cook chicken to seal it.
4. Add garlic, ginger, onion paste, turmeric, chilli powder, mustard paste, mixes spices and salt one by one. Cook it till oil comes out.
5. Beat the yogurt and add it to the curry.
6. Cook it about 15 minutes in closed lid. Stir it occasionally and if it gets dry and add 1-2 tablespoons water. Add green chillies.
7. Check the salt and 1 more minute. Achari chicken is ready to serve.
8. Serve hot achari chicken with roti or parathas or rice.