Mouth Watering Caramel Pudding
Caramel Custard/ Caramel Pudding
Today I will talk about a very simple but mouth watering caramel Custard. This one was my first cooking when I was in year three. If I can make in that age everybody will. Custard/ pudding needs to be very soft. If it does not come out soft that means you need to use more milk or use less egg. If we can remember simple ration of milk and egg 2:1, Pudding will be soft and melt your mouth. Remember that we steam Pudding, don’t put pudding straight to heat.
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- Half cup sugar or to taste
- 4 drops of vanilla essence or rose water
- 2 tablespoons sugar for caramel
You will also need Round metal cake pan .
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk egg and add milk, sugar and vanilla essence one by one.
- For caramel put 2 tablespoons sugar in the metal pan and heat on medium high. Once sugar starts melting, try to spread it all over the pan base. So caramel should cover the base.
- Pour the egg mix into caramel lined pan.
- Place pan in a baking dish with hot water to come just halfway up sides.
- Bake it 30-35 minutes until it just sets. Use a knife inserted in centre, if it comes out clean the pudding sets.
- Take out from oven. Let it cool down little bit and then put in the refrigerator.
- Take out from the refrigerator. Use a knife to cut the edge of pudding from the pan. Hold tightly a plate over the pan and turn upside down. You will get you perfect Caramel Pudding/ Caramel Custard.
- For pressure cooker : You can use pressure cooker to make pudding. Infact using pressure is the easiest way to make pudding. So steam it pressure cooker in medium 15 minutes. and follow rest.
- Serve Caramel Pudding Chill.