In most of my dessert recipes I wrote amount of milk. But strangely I get different amount of cheese (chhana) with same amount of milk. Making Chamcham caramel has very important. Chamcham’s colour depended on caramel. If you make light caramel, Chamcham colour will be golden brown. If you make dark caramel, your chamcham will be darker colour.
• 1 and 1/2 cups ricotta cheese / chhana
• 1 and 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
• 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 tablespoons mawa(optional)
• 2 cups sugar
• 4 cups of water
1. Mix flour, baking powder and cheese together. Mix well and divide it into 12-14 parts. Make each part into long cylinder shape (potoler moto).
2. Take sugar in pan heat it about 5 minutes. It will caramelize a bit and then add water. Take it to boil point and add cheese cylinder balls into it.
3. Boil it about 90 minutes on medium heat under closed lid and add 1/2 cup of lukewarm water in every 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and ½ cup of water and let it cool down.
5. Take each sweet out from syrup and pat dry in paper towel and roll each of them in mawa.
6. Enjoy Chamcham.
Tips: roll in mawa is optional.