One fine morning I wake and fell to have Chitoi Pitha. As my friends and family know, I am very fussy eater. Being a fussy eater make me to learn new recipes every day. So If I fell to have something, I have to have it. But there are some few problems about making chitoi pitha. Though very few ingredients need for Chitoi pitha, it needs to cook special clay pan or iron pan which I don’t have. If I had that special Chitoi pitha pan, I am sure that most of my readers don’t have that. So I think about something alternative. I think that non stick pan will do. So I make batter and make pitha. Wait a bit and first 2 become daisy shape because of flat pan. So I use egg ring to make it round. If you have chitoi pitha pan, you don’t need anything else.
Chitoi pitha is actually like crumpet. I use baking soda here. But soda water makes good chitoi pitha too. If you want to soda water, just swap water with soda water and omit baking soda.
• 2 cups rice flour
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• 3 cups lukewarm water(about)
Also needs non stick pan with lid and egg ring.
How to make:
1. Make a smooth, runny batter with all ingredients together.
2. Heat pan and when pan is hot, place egg ring.
3. Add 1/3 cup of batter and cook 2.5-3 minutes under closed lid when there should be many tiny holes on the surface.
4. Take out chitoi pitha from and repeat with the remaining batter until used up.
5. Serve Chitoi pitha with molasses and grated coconut or chilli paste (morich bhorta) or meat curry and enjoy the flavour of Bangladesh.
Tips: Water could be need more or less.