Data Shak bhaja/ Bangladeshi Fried Leafy Vegetables
In Bangladesh we normally use small prawn for vegetables but where I am living small prawn is nt available. So I find the alternative to chop the large prawn. Instead of coconut paste you can use desiccated coconut and coconut cream . Those are handy to me. In this way you can cook radish leaf, kolmi shak and other hard leafy vegetables. Again I use sugar because it enhances taste.
Though I wrote it as a Bangladeshi leafy vegetables, it is available in all Asian grocery.
• 500 gram Data Shak
• 1 medium onion sliced
• 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
• 7-8 large prawn chopped
• 1 tablespoon coconut paste(optional)
• 3-4 green chillies
• 1/6 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
• 2 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
1. We will take only leaves and wash the leaves 3-4 times.
2. Chop it like the picture and keep aside.
3. Heat the pan with oil on medium high and add onion. Fry the onion till becomes transparent.
4. Add turmeric, garlic, coconut paste and salt and coo k till oil is separated.
5. Add prawn and cook 1-2 minutes.
6. Add leafy vege and sliced chilli and stir it.
7. Cook it under closed lid and cook it till it becomes soft and tender.
8. Check the salt and add sugar.
9. Serve data shak bhaja/ Bangladeshi fried leafy vegetables with rice.