Fuluri is basically deep fried cauliflower floret covered with gram flour batter. I am doing Fuluri recipe on request. I thought about this recipe in Ramadan time but as usual forgot to post. Then one of my readers asked for it. Though in our country and traditionally it is used gram flour for fuluri batter. But I tried with plain flour and found that the outcome was same. As you know that gram flour is not common or available in Bangladeshi kitchen except Ramadan time. So try once with plain flour and please don’t forget to share your experience. If you like my recipes please please please like my facebook page or be a member of my facebook group and keep in tauch with me. Thanks.
• 1 medium size cauliflower
• 1 cup gram flour/ plain flour
• 1 egg
• 3 tablespoon rice flour
• ½ tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon chat masala
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1/3 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda/ baking soda
• ½ teaspoon black salt(optional)
• 1-2 green chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep fry
1. Cut the cauliflower into floret (like the picture) and wash it. Place it in strain and keep aside.
2. Mix all dry ingredients (flour, rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, chat masala, soda, black salt and 1 teaspoon salt) together and add 1 and ¾ cup water. Make smooth batter.
3. Add egg, onion, green chilli and mix well.
4. Heat pan with oil on medium high and when oil is ready, dip cauliflower floret in batter and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
5. Serve Fuluri hot.