Jorda Polau In Microwave
Hello my precious readers!! Thanks a million not giving up on me when I gave up on myself, . I promise, I will try to be regular now. So many recipes I have learnt including many tips and tricks. As my daughter is growing up, I have felt the necessity of simple Bangladeshi recipes for 2-3 generation of Bangladeshi living in overseas without compromising taste. So let’s the journey begin to fascinating Bangladeshi Cuisine.
My friend Rumu has encourged for this recipe. My intension is simple and using only one dish from begining to serve(I hate dishwashing). So I have used same bowl to wash rice, cooking and serving . Score !!! Life needs to be easy. Eid Mubarak
• 1 cups Basmati Rice/ Kalijeera / Chinigura
• 1 tablespoon sliced almonds/ Cashew / to your choice
• 1/4 cup diced pine apple / orange juice
• ½ tablespoon orange zest(If your are make orange jorda)
• ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
• 1’’ cinnamon stick
• 2-3 clove
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 cups sugar
• pinch of salt(optional)
• 3 tablespoons clarified butter(ghee)
• 1 teaspoon saffron imitation /orange food colour
Also need 100 grams kalojam(Small) / dry fruits / nuts for garnish .
1. Wash and soak the rice in water about 1 hour.
2. Add 2 cups water, bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf and food colour in rice; need to cover with cling wrap or lid with vent. So if you are using cling wrap, make 3-4 hole in it.
3. Cook in microwave for 5 minutes and remove from microwave. Give a stir and rest for 5 minutes.
4. Cook again for 5 minute in microwave and remove from microwave.
5. Add rest of ingredients ( juice, zest, sugar, fruits, ghee and salt) and give a stir.
6. Cook it for 4 minutes in microwave and take it out to stir.
7. Cook it for 4 minutes, or 2 minutes + 2 minutes , or till water evoporate.
8. Rest it 10 minutes and serve chilled Jorda / Zarda / Sweet rice garnish with kalojam / dry fruits / nuts.
- If you can’t find orange food colour, mix red and yellow to make orange.
- Cook rice bit over, I mean that you need bit overcook rice, otherwise your Jorda will be too hard.
- Instead of orange juice / pineapple juice you can use water when you are adding with sugar.
- Each microwave is different so time could differ.