Kacha kolar Kofta/Chop/Tikka / Plantain Cutlet
Plantain/kacha kola is highly nutritious, good source potassium, vitamins A & C, high in fibre and carbohydrates.
• 400 grams green plantain
• 1 medium sliced onion
• 1 teaspoon chat masala
• 2 chopped green chillies
• ½ teaspoon fried cumin powder
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
• 1 egg
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep fry
1. Fry the sliced onion till it becomes golden and keep aside.
2. Boil the plantain with skin and after boiling peel the skin.
3. Take the flesh and mash it with all spices and salt.
4. Divide into 8-10 parts and shape those (cylinder, leaf or flat ball).
5. Break the egg and whisk it.
6. Deep each ball into egg butter and roll in bread crumbs.
7. Heat the pan with oil in medium high.
8. When oil is ready, fry it till it becomes gold brown.
9. Serve hot kacha kolar kofta/chop/tikka with your favourite sauce.