Bottle Gourd with Chicken / Long Melon with chicken /Lau Murgi
Pressure was high because I was kinda cooking first time for my parents. On other hand first time (kinda) I am cooking in Bangladesh. You can check the result.
• 800 grams bottle gourd
• 1 chicken curry cut ( size 10)
• 1 medium sliced onion
• 2 tablespoon onion paste
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste
• 2 teaspoon garlic paste
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder(optional)
• 2 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 bay leaf
• 1” cinnamon stick
• 2 cardamom pod
• ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 4 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
How to cook:
1. First peel the bottle gourd and cut into small pieces.(check the picture)
2. Wash bottle gourd and keep aside.
3. Heat the pan with oil on medium heat and add sliced onion, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf.
4. Cook it till it becomes soft and add turmeric, chilli, coriander, ginger, garlic,1 teaspoon salt and onion paste.
5. Cook it till oil comes out, add chicken pieces and cook it about 5-6 minutes(or till chicken is half done)
6. Add bottle gourd pieces, stir it and cover the lid.
7. After 2 minute add 1 and ½ cup water and stir it.
8. Cook it under close lid till bottle gourd becomes tender.
9. Check the salt and stir again and turn off the heat.
10. Serve bottle gourd with chicken / long melon with chicken /Lau Murgi hot with rice.