Lebu Patay Rui Mach / Spicy Fish with Lemon Leaf
I used Rohu fish with bone in this recipe.If you want, you can use any big fish or fish fillet. Using sugar will not make the dish; sugar is used to enhance flavour. Enjoy the flavour of Bangladesh.
• 600 gram Rohu fish
• 1 medium onion sliced
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ cup onion paste
• ½ teaspoon garlic
• ½ teaspoon ginger
• 2-3 green chillies (optional)
• ½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
• 4-5 lemon leaves
• 1 and ½ tablespoon lemon juice
• 4 tablespoons oil
• Salt to taste
1. You can check on picture to cut ruhi fish into about 1″ pieces and add turmeric and ½ teaspoon salt with fish.
2. Heat the pan with 2 tablespoons oil on medium high and add fish pieces.
3. Fry it for 2-3 minutes and take out fish pieces for oil.
4. In same pan add rest of oil and sliced onion; fry onion till it becomes transparent and add rest of spices and salt.
5. Cook it till oil is separated and add ruhi fish pieces. Cook about 2-3 minutes and add 2 tablespoons of water.
6. Cook it on medium heat till fish becomes tender and stir occasionally.
7. Add sugar, lemon leaves and lemon juice and cook it under closed lid 2 minutes.
8. Check the salt and add coriander leaves .
9. Remove from heat and serve Lebu Patay Rui Mach / Spicy Fish with Lemon Leaf with rice.