By Rownak Jahan,
January 21, 2012
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Make: 10-11
Luchi is deep fried flat bread which is made by flour, ghee/ oil and salt.
• 1 and ½ cup flour
• 3 tablespoon ghee/ oil
• Oil for deep fry
1. Dissolve the salt in water and mix flour and purified butter. Then add salt water.
2. Make smooth, soft but pliable dough and keep aside 10 minutes.( I like food to use processor for kneading)
3. Heat the pan with oil and divide dough into 10-11 balls.
4. Roll each ball, don’t make thin.(some of us likes to roll in loose flour but luchi dough has oil in it so it is easy to roll)
5. When oil is ready, place flat bread in oil and when it puffed up, turn it over.
6. After 30-45 second remove it from oil (keep it white) and repeat the process with rest of balls.
7. Serve hot luchi with meat curry/ lentil / Hari kabab/ mixed vegetables.