By Rownak Jahan,
January 12, 2012Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 80 minutes
Yield: 8 Patties
All my cooking efforts is making me nostalgic about my family, friends, childhood and specially my country (Bangladesh). If my cooking gives you same sort of feelings, I will consider my efforts to be successful.
You can use beef, mutton, lamb, chicken or simply vegetables in this recipe. In case of chicken and vegetables you do not need those spices (onion, chilli, black pepper and salt only). Though I used here ready made puffy pastry sheet. But if you want to make from scratch
• 2 puff pastry sheets
• 200 grams beef /lamb mince
• 1 medium sliced onion
• 3-4 green chilli chopped
• 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
• ½ teaspoon chilli powder
• ¼ teaspoon garam masala
• ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
• 1 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
1. Heat the pan with oil and add sliced onion.
2. Cook it till it becomes little bit soft and add all spices and salt.
3. Stir it and after 1 minute add mince and cook it till it becomes tender.( don’t make it too dry because we will bake it long time )
4. Preheat the oven on 150˚C or 300˚F (in the case of fan force oven will be less temperature).
5. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 square size pieces and place the meat stuffing.
6. Fold it and make triangle and place on baking paper. Do same process to rest of puff pastry sheets.
7. Bake these triangles about 1.20 hr and need to turn over after 50 minutes or when it becomes golden brown.
8. When both sides of patties will golden brown, remove from oven and rest it 5-8 minutes.
9. Serve patties hot.