Piaju / Onion Lentil Fritter
By Rownak Jahan,
Cook time: 20 minutes
Piaju / onion lentil fritter is delicious snack which is must item in Ramadan month. It is very easy and handy. Only tricky part is not to make smooth lentil paste, make it coarse.
• 1 cup red lentil
• 1 large onion sliced
• 3 green chilli chopped
• 1 tablespoon rice flour/ semolina
• 1/6 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves(optional)
• ¼ teaspoon black salt(optional)
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep fry
1. Soak the lentil 20-30 minutes and drain with enough water thoroughly.
2. Make coarse paste and mix with rice flour, onion, chilli, turmeric, coriander and salt.
3. Mix lightly.
4. Place the pan on medium heat and when oil is ready, make flat fritter and put on oil carefully(you can use spoon and don’t squeeze the lentil mix). Don’t overcrowd the pan.
5. Fry them till these become golden brown. Take off from oil and sprinkle black salt. Repeat the process to finish the mix
6. Serve piaju / onion lentil fritter hot with puff rice.