Special Naru / Special Coconut laddoo
Forgive me for not being regular last few days. I am visiting Bangladesh after 5 years. So I deserve this break. I am giving Special Naru / Special Coconut laddoo. It is Naru stuffed kheer ball inside. You can omit the kheer ball part. Then it will be plain sugar naru. Even you can big naru and put 2-3 kheer balls inside.
• 1 cup grated coconut
• ¾ cup sugar
• ¼ cup kheer/ rabri
• 1 teaspoon semolina
• ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
• 1 tablespoon clarified butter/ghee
1. Fry semolina in ½ teaspoon clarified butter/ ghee and mix with kheer / rabri.
2. Make small balls with it and fry it with clarified butter/ ghee till it becomes golden brown.
3. Heat the pan on medium high and add grated coconut, cardamom and sugar.
4. Cook it till oil comes out.( need to stir constantly)
5. Remove from heat and let it cool down slightly.
6. Stuff the kheer ball in coconut dough and make smooth ball by rolling between palms. (check the photo)